Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Second Half of Infinity

That is the symbol for infinity (Alt+236 on my Windows 7 system.) Besides the counter clockwise rotation is there any difference between it and an 8? They are both like a Hot Wheels over and under race track aren't they? And that over and under race track is my point.

I am sure that what happened to me is nothing new in the world. But when something new happens to you personally, it is new. My epiphany was simple. It was a remembrance of my walking along a tree lined street in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

The importance of that moment was that I then and there decided not to attend college. That day led directly to this day. (I understand that everyday leads to the next day but you know what I mean.) That was the proverbial first step in the thousand mile journey. (According to auto odometers its been more than a thousand miles.)

So where am I now? That's where the over and under race track comes in. The epiphany was that my current spot was directly above that previous spot. One and the same place put spatially separate. From those spots I can view that section of the journey. That is the spot where what went around came around.

What does all that mean. Who knows? But it was weird. Now to take a look at the other loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment