Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Texas Secession

Two things you need to know about Texans:
  1. Most of us subscribe to the “I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could,” dictum.
  2. “You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much.”

The 2012 U.S. Census projection, aka “the Texas count,” is 25,145,561 citizens in the Lone Star State (Republic). The current count on the secession petition located at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions (You have to click through a few screens.) is 116,181 names. By my math (Let me get the calculator out. Sorry, I was educated before no child was left behind.) that is 0.46 hundredths of 1 percent of the “states'” population.

Of those 0.46% names on the petition I wonder how many voted in the November 2012 election? I wonder how many of those names would have been allowed to vote under the new Texas voter fraud guidelines that the U.S. Supreme Court put on hold. (My guess is 102% of them.)

Please do not misunderstand me, I am proud to live in Texas. I am proud that my children are natural born citizens of Texas, none were delivered by Cesarean. But if Texas should secede from the Union I am moving to Austin. Their petition to secede from the secession is currently at a 0.45 hundredths of 1 percent count.

George W. Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment